Are you a researcher in the ecological sector? Join the British Ecological Society for £8,000 grant
Focused on building a world inspired by ecology in which nature and people thrive, the British Ecological Society has organised a programme for Ecologists in Africa.
Through services and equipment, the programme seeks to support Ecologists in carrying out productive ecological research. The goal is to tackle the challenges faced in the area of research while ensuring adequate skill development, experience, knowledge base, as well as global connections to scale.
Applications will be judged by a panel of reviewers based on personal qualifications, scientific excellence, novelty, feasibility of the proposal, and the academic and non-academic impact of the planned research.
- Grant of £8,000 for research
- An additional sum of £2,000 may be requested to fund travel to help you develop connections with other ecologists outside your usual peer group. This must be requested at the application stage
- Travel funds are available to spend time working with ecologists in the Global North where facilities and experience will help you on return to your own institution
- Successful applicants will also receive two years of free BES membership and free online access to British Ecological Society journals
- You must be a scientist and a citizen of a country in Africa or its associated islands, that is a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ according to the World Bank categorisation
- You must have at least an MSc or equivalent degree
- You must be working for a university or research institution in Africa (including field centres, NGOs, museums etc.) that provides basic research facilities
- You must carry out the research in a country in Africa or its associated islands
How to Apply
Do you fit into the criteria for eligibility? If yes, then don’t miss this. Application deadline is on Friday, March 19, 2021.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].