Organised to support UNICEF’s goal to give a fair chance in life to every child globally, especially the most disadvantaged, the Duke-UNICEF Innovation Accelerator seeks to ensure social entrepreneurs acquire the knowledge, tools, and networks necessary to improve the lives of children around the world.
The goal is to increase the effectiveness, sustainability, and scale of impact of the most promising solutions to critical challenges facing children. Innovative approaches, products, technologies and business models to address critical challenges facing children across Africa, emphasizing issues of greatest priority to UNICEF will be identified.
Social entrepreneurs will receive the following benefits:
- An initial grant to be used for testing or refining a programme or business model, or to achieve another capacity-building objective identified in collaboration with the Accelerator team
- Variety of training, coaching, mentoring, and other services to help implement, assess, and refine approaches, design viable business models, leverage ecosystems, and attract additional resources
- Peer learning and collaboration to share insights, offer feedback, and forge alliances within and among cohorts via in-person and online gatherings
- Engagement with the Accelerator to co-create and disseminate knowledge that has wide-scale benefit for social enterprises with innovations for children around the world
- Success in attaining financial sustainability and ecosystem-sensitive strategies to scale impact for children
Social entrepreneurs across the globe are eligible to apply.
How to apply
Are you a social entrepreneur seeking to solve the most pressing challenges facing children and youths worldwide? Join the Duke-UNICEF Innovation Accelerator while application is still ongoing.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].