How much of a compelling storyteller are you? Win $2,500 in the Youth empowering NTDs competition
In partnership with the Crown Prince Court of Abu Dhabi, the Uniting to Combat NTDs calls on young artists and communicators globally, to tell their stories of resilience and progress against neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) in the Youth empowering NTDs competition.
Powered by Youth Combating NTDs, the goal is to bring global awareness to the need for closer and better attention in the area of neglected tropical diseases, with critical analysis of the following questions:
- What are neglected tropical diseases?
- Why should people care about neglected tropical diseases?
- Why do you believe that countries and the global community need to take action to end neglected tropical diseases?
While the programme places no strict limitation on the form and content of entries, stories can be written in English language or with English subtitles/translation including:
- Video – entries of up to five minutes length can take the form of vlogs, interviews, mini-documentaries or short movies
- Audio – entries in this category should be up to five minutes in length, and can be pieces of music, interviews, poetry, narrative or speech
- Digital – entries should be a single artistic or infographic image– drawings, animation, comic book, photos, posters, collages
- Text – written entries of maximum 1,500 words in prose, poetry or reporting
There are three prizes for winners in each category:
- First prize: $2,500
- Second prize: $1,500
- Third prize: $1,000
- Alongside 12 winners, seven other finalists in each category will receive certificates of recognition and a place in featured compilations
- Individuals or teams worldwide
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15 to 30 years old
- Each individual or team entrant may submit a single entry under each category
- Contestants cannot apply both as an individual and as part of a team
How to apply
How compelling and inspirational can your story be? Shoot your shot in the competition, apply before the deadline on Sunday, January 17, 2021.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].