Do you have an innovative solution? Participate now in the Global Mental Health seed funding programme for a grant of up to $250,000
Global Mental Health seed funding programme requests for innovations that improve the treatment of youths living with or at risk of mental disorder.
It is an initiative organised by Grand Challenges Canada with the aim of supporting new suggestions that can transform mental health services available for youths in low and middle-income countries.
A greater number of the mental disorder occur in low and middle-income countries. Scarcity of resources and a shortage of trained professionals limit their access to adequate treatment. The global mental health seed funding program seeks to bridge the chasm by funding innovations that enhance mental health literacy and provide youth-friendly services.
- Successful proposals will be awarded seed grants of up to $250,000 to implement the proposed innovation
- Youth-led organisations (35 years and younger) will be given priority
- Applicants from low and middle-income countries
- Social enterprises and other legally recognised institutions (non-profit organizations, academic institutions, and for-profit organisations):
- are formed and legally incorporated in an eligible country
- can successfully execute the activities in their respective technical areas
- are capable of receiving and administering grant funding
- are not sole proprietors
- You don’t have to be a permanent citizen of the country through which you are applying but you must be affiliated with an eligible institution
- Youth-led organisations outside the age bracket (35 years and younger) are still eligible to apply
- Proposals must demonstrate some type of meaningful engagement throughout the delivery and intervention of the programme
- The project team must have the skills and necessary mental health-related expertise to carry out the proposed activities of the innovation
- Innovators that have an already established proof-of-concept to scale- up their mental health innovations
How to apply
- Visit the website of Grand Challenges Global Mental Health programme
Submission deadline is Friday, July 17, 2020.
We’ve partnered with Sidebrief, a Legal compliance company to help as many as possible businesses access and get the necessary document for the FG N50bn Covid-19 credit facility. Interested? Get started for free.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].