Applications are open for the Online Seedstars World Competition for startups
Seedstars is a Swiss-based private group of companies with a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. It connects stakeholders within these ecosystems, builds companies from scratch with their public and private partners, and invests in top entrepreneurs.
Presently, Seedstars invites startups looking to learn from industry experts, network with the local ecosystem, achieve product/market fit, and accelerate growth in the market to apply for its Online Seedstars World Competition 2020/21.
From June to November each year, the Seedstars team searches for the most promising early-stage startups from 90+ emerging markets that will receive training on how to grab investment opportunities. These startups will take part in local, regional, and global stage competitions but only the selected startup will be awarded $500,000 in equity investment.
How it works
Step 1: June – August 2020
Startups apply for the Online Seedstars World competition from any part of their country of residence.
Step 2: November – December 2020
Local stage winners will compete on a regional level in a broadcasted pitch competition. Finalists will be selected based on their startup strength and scalability and will move on to the grand finale.
Step 3: April 2021
Winners of all regional stages will be brought together for in-depth entrepreneurial training. Afterward, the ultimate winner is selected.
- A two days growth boot camp
- One-on-one mentor and investor meetings
- Global networking and visibility
- Selected startup gets $500,000 in equity investment
- Startups must have operations or be incorporated in the country they are applying
- You already have a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and initial traction
- Your startup received less than $1,000,000 in funding
How to apply
- Visit the online portal of Online Seedstars World competition to apply
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].