Scale up with FCMB and grow your business with N250k, others
First City Monument Bank Limited, the driving force behind the Global Entrepreneurship Week program, invites ambitious entrepreneurs to propel their businesses to new heights through targeted assistance.
Recognised as “the Organiser,” FCMB aims to empower Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) by providing grants and educational resources, fostering sustainable growth.
- Complimentary business course: Participants stand to gain a one-month business course valued at N250,000
- Business spotlight: Enjoy free business exposure through a dedicated spotlight
- Grant opportunities: Five outstanding business owners will receive N1 million in grants for their ventures.
To be eligible for this transformative opportunity, participants must adhere to the following criteria:
- Active business operations: Businesses must be active and currently operational
- Minimum one-Year operation: A minimum of one year of operation is required for consideration.
- Comprehensive business plan: Submission of an extensive business plan is mandatory
- FCMB account requirement: Candidates must have a current FCMB account with a minimum balance of N5,000
- WSME criteria: For WSMEs, the principal candidate should meet one of the following: 51 percent ownership as a minimum, at least three women in the executive team, possessing a minimum of 20% of the company and individual ownership of the entire company.
- Utilisation of winnings: Winners must utilise the grant for business-related endeavors, as specified in their application.
Terms and conditions
- As part of the programme, fulfill and turn in all prescribed tasks and assignments
- Achieve the required standards to be chosen as the recipient of the ₦250,000 in business training, or place in the top 10% to qualify for a ₦1,000,000 score grant.
- Enrolling in the program gives participants permission for the organiser to utilise any comments, suggestions, or information supplied for educational or marketing purposes.
- The Nigeria Data Protection Act of 2023 and any other applicable data protection laws and regulations shall govern how the organiser handles personal information.
- The Organiser does not promise any specific business outcomes as a result of participating in the programme, even though the program seeks to deliver essential knowledge and tools.
- Providing reasonable notice to participants, the organiser retains the right to alter or discontinue the programme at any time, without incurring any liability.
- The organisers reserve the right to remove participants from the programme if they are discovered to be in breach of these terms or any existing laws that conflict with the legality of operating a small and medium-sized enterprise (SME).
- The award is available to eligible participants only if they meet the requirements set forth by the organiser.
- The participant understands and consents to using any grant they receive under this program only for business-related objectives as stated in their application.
- The candidates attest that all business activities are conducted in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Unless the organiser or any partner organisation specifically grants permission in writing, participants are not permitted to disclose information they have obtained to third parties.
- The Federal Republic of Nigeria’s courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over the organiser and the participant.
- These terms and conditions outline the Global Entrepreneurship Week Programme’s obligations, advantages, and expectations. Participants acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions by participating.
How to apply
Seize this opportunity for your company. Propel your business into a new era of growth and success with FCMB by applying here. Applications must be submitted by the deadline; late submissions will not be accepted.
Got an interesting scoop or news tip? Shoot an email with the subject “story worth telling” to [email protected]