Social entrepreneur? Join the Making More Health Co-Creation Accelerator 2021 for a grant of €50,000
Launched with a focus on social entrepreneurs, Making More Health Co-Creation Accelerator 2021, an initiative created via collaboration between Ashoka, a social problem-solving organisation focused on social change makers, and Boehringer Ingelheim, a pharmaceutical company focused on improving human and animal health.
The programme seeks to support social entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurial thinkers, who would build innovative and sustainable solutions, and create social impact, thereby creating resilient business models.
Designed with a goal to improve access to healthcare for people and animals in underserved communities globally, the programme includes 12 months of design, implementation to testing a new strategy or element of a business model, and a pitch which would further determine applicants’ advancement in the programme.
- A grant of €50,000 for piloting/testing a new strategy or element of a business model, with the possibility of additional scale-up funds of €150,000 for successful pilots
- Tens of thousands of euros in pro-bono technical support and investment readiness coaching
- The chance to showcase your innovations to a larger community of investors at an annual investor showcase event
- Opportunities to scale and develop professionally as an entrepreneur
- Access to mentors and experienced professionals
- Strategic connection to impact investors, foundations, government agencies, corporate executives, social entrepreneurs and experts committed to improving health care access for humans and animals across Africa with ongoing support from Making More Health
- Strategic business collaboration with significant long-term benefits
- Organisation must be a social enterprise or must be open to business
- Business must have been in operation for at least three years
- Business or organisation must contribute directly or indirectly to human or animal health
- Business must be operating in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda or Rwanda
- Annual sales revenue must be at least $100,000
- Clear metrics and evidence of impact must be shown
- A strong and competent team is also essential
How to apply
If you’re a social entrepreneur with all the right characteristics and a vision to scale, participate in the programme. Application closes on Sunday, February 7, 2021.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].