Win up to $10,000 Cash Prize in Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Awards, 2019
Peace Direct is accepting applications for the annual ‘Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders’ awards. Now in its seventh year, Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders offers global recognition for grassroots peace activists in war zones around the world.
Across the world, local people are tackling the causes of violence at the root and rebuilding lives after a war that has torn communities apart. Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders is the global awards for local peacebuilding, to recognise the work of those taking a stand for peace.
Awarded annually, they offer international recognition for grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected countries worldwide.
Three winning organisations will each receive $10,000 and online promotion of their work, and $1,000 will be awarded to the winning photography prize.
Prizes and Benefits
This year’s categories are women-led peacebuilding, youth-led peacebuilding and music & performing arts.
- Three organisations will each receive $10,000 and online promotion of their work. A representative from each of the winning organisations will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the award ceremony at PeaceCon 2018 in Washington, DC.
- A photography prize to celebrate photos that illustrate the theme of ‘local peacebuilding’.
- The winning entry will receive $1,000 of camera equipment for the photo that best illustrates local peacebuilding in action, or best communicates this theme.
- Undertake peacebuilding work – your organisation is either a peacebuilding organisation or has peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work.
- Be locally based – your organisation must be based in the country or communities where your work is done. If your organisation operates in multiple countries, you are not eligible to enter.
- Be an independent organisation, not an in-country or satellite organisation of an international NGO.
- Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led peacebuilding; youth-led peacebuilding; or non-violent action.
Entries for the 2019 Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders awards, including the photography prize, will be accepted from Wednesday, February 13 until Monday, April 15, 2019.
Never miss an important story during the week. Subscribe to smepeaks weekly newsletter now.