Open to Solving Problems in Asia? Liveability Challenge 2018 is Offering $1M in Funding
The Liveability Challenge is a global platform dedicate to accelerating the implementation of solutions to urban challenges in the Asian region. Asia is the most populated continent in the world with over 5 billion people, and there seems to be an upsurge in this number yearly. The challenge is open to residents in Asian cities as well as the international community — as long the project presented by applicants can proffer solution to challenges faced in the Asian region.. This first-ever edition is searching for solutions in the areas of waste management and sustainable cooling that are already at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 6 and above, which are applicable to Singapore and other Asian cities in the region.
Finalists of the challenge will receive support to present their pitches. The most convincing and compelling projects could secure up to $1 million in funding to speed up the journey to commercialisation.
All submissions will be weighed by following criteria:
- How does the solution address waste and cooling challenges in cities?
- How original and innovative is the proposal?
- What is the likely scale of impact?
- Which Sustainable Development Goal does it contribute to?
- How well will the solution perform in an urban setting?
- What are the technologies underpinning the proposal?
- Are they original?
- How quickly can the solution be adopted?
Commercial viability (30%)
- What is the size of the target market? Who will the idea appeal to?
- Who are potential collaborators, who are competitors?
- How close is the solution to commercialisation and how much funding is required until then?
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The challenge is open to Singapore-based and international participants who are at least 18 years old
- One entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entry will be disqualified.
- Solutions proffered by applicants must be applicable to Singapore and cities in the Asian region.
- A chance to secure $1 million in funding for your project.
- Numerous opportunities will be offered at the finale event.
- Travel and accommodation costs are also provided for shortlisted teams from outside Singapore to attend.
- You will be informed by end June if you have been accepted as a finalist for The Liveability Challenge.
How to Apply
To begin your application process, head to the website. Deadline is Friday, 25th of May.