Facebook is inviting software application developers from seven regions across the world to a global challenge. These developers will compete locally within one of the seven outlined regions of North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, India, Sub Saharan Africa, Middle East/North Africa, and Europe.
Each of the regional winners will continue to the next phase of the Facebook community challenge.
The power to build community is one of the missions of Facebook and it intends to achieve this by giving a platform for innovation to people from all backgrounds.
To enter the Facebook community challenge:
- Use at least one Facebook developer product
- Build software applications that help bring communities together
NB: Application must include at least a software component such as:
A native app – running on a smartphone or tablet app, a bot running on the Messenger platform, a web app (mobile or desktop), software running on other hardware, custom or proprietary hardware which includes a software component (wearable technology, open source hardware etc.)
- First Place at global round-$30,000
- Second Place at global Round-$20,000
- Third Place at global Round- $10,000
In each of the seven regions $7,500, $5,000, $3,500 goes to the first, second and third winners.
In addition, bonus prizes of $10,000 each are available for solutions that fit into the community categories that: bridge on and offline experiences, drive engaging communities as well as build and grow the community
If you build a solution that fits a specific community theme, select the bonus prize category on your submission form. You will be required to explain how your solution fits the community’s needs.
Requirements for entry
- Create a video- hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku- about two minutes long that demonstrates your solution’s features and functionality. (Videos and submission materials must be provided in English or subtitled in the language for judging)
- Submit solutions to your region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, India, Sub Saharan Africa, Middle East/North Africa, Europe) by selecting your region on the submission form.
- Submit at least one image/screenshot of your application.
- A way to access your working application for judging and testing by providing a mobile test build, a link to a live website, or a demo site where the application is deployed.
How to Apply
To register for the Facebook community developers global challenge, apply via the link. Deadline is Thursday, July 26, 2018.
Featured image: medium.com