Got a Revolutionary Idea? Apply for TEDxJohannesburg 100Ideas100Millenials
TEDxJohannesburg, alongside Global Citizen, is looking for 100 ideas by 100 millennials to celebrate 100 years since Nelson Rholihlahla Mandela stepped out into the world to shake it, and push the human race forward. This group, born after 1984, and based in any city in Africa, will form the cohort for TEDxJohannesburg’s 2019 activation: 100Ideas100Millenials – an online mentorship programme running from January to December 2019.
We’re looking for doable, scalable, replicable ideas that respond to humanity’s most pressing challenges, as defined by the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals. These ideas could create wealth, and much-needed jobs. Or they could simply open people’s minds to new thinking that changes paradigms, and shifts horizons. These ideas could manifest as products, services, campaigns, or powerful new initiatives that spark movements.
The final cohort for the TEDxJohannesburg 100Ideas100Millenials will be chosen based on the strength of their ideas, and how effectively those ideas respond to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Could you be one of the 100? Here’s what you could get:
- A guaranteed ticket to TEDxJohannesburg 2018: Decoding Greatness, taking place on 30 November 2018
- A chance to win double tickets to the Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100, taking place on 2 December at FNB Stadium in Johannesburg
- Have your idea profiled at TEDxJohannesburg 2018: Decoding Greatness
- Tap into TEDxJohannesburg’s network of impressive contacts and expertise
- Participate in a 12-month TEDxJohannesburg, community-led mentorship program
How to Apply
If you have an idea that suits the TEDxJohannesburg 100Ideas100Millenials, submit your application online immediately. Deadline is October 30, 2018.