Africa’s Business Heroes to Support Entrepreneurs With $1.5 Million
Africa’s Business Heroes (ABH), a Jack Ma Foundation’s flagship philanthropic programme in Africa, has opened applications to support promising entrepreneurs through its annual prize competition.
On a mission to showcase and grow local talents creating a positive impact in their communities and beyond, the programme was designed to inspire a movement of African entrepreneurship, helping them scale by leveraging global opportunities and solving challenges together.
Over a ten-year period, the Africa’s Business Heroes prize competition will recognise 100 African entrepreneurs, providing them with grant funding, training programs, and broader support for the overall African entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Ten selected business heroes from across Africa will compete for a share of $1.5 million in grant funding.
They will also have access to the following benefits:
- Extensive hands-on project work followed by a final pitch
- Networking with experienced mentors
- Global acceleration and recognition
- Access to a community of international business leaders and innovators, industry experts, investors and accelerators
- Multi-disciplinary bootcamps and training sessions to help the participating entrepreneurs take their businesses to the next level
To apply for ABH’s competition, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be an African citizen or the direct descendant (grand-child/child) of an African citizen
- You should be the founder or co-founder of your company
- Your company must be registered and based in an African country
How to apply
Are you an African Business Entrepreneur that meets the above criteria? Then apply to join the competition before the deadline on Friday, May 12th, 2023.