HealthTech Hub Africa accelerator program, more than $1 million up for grabs
Applications are now open for the HealthTech Hub Africa (HTHA), a hybrid pan-African health tech accelerator with a physical co-working space in Kigali, Rwanda.
Founded by the Novartis Foundation and supported by the Global Fund and the Patrick J. McGovern Foundation, HTHA aims to address these challenges by actively integrating innovations into public health systems through collaboration with key government stakeholders.
Together with its managing partners, the accelerator aims to offer entrepreneurs a powerful platform to create sustainable businesses and meaningful health impact.
The program is open to growth startups and scale ups in the following areas:
- Cardiovascular health
- Breast cancer
- Virtual health and care
- Optimization of data-driven decision-making
For the growth startups:
- Mentorship with strong expertise in population health and technology
- Coaching and access to an interactive platform for growth level support allowing for structuring and refinement of existing and new business models and preparing executive summaries
- Expert masterclasses
- Pitch practice sessions
- Community support
- Startup solution demos and opportunities to pitch during the two annual HealthTech summits in Kigali, Rwanda
- Invitation to networking meetups and hybrid events across Africa and beyond
For the scale ups:
- Access to all the above benefits offered to growth startups
- Free access to world-class legal services, accounting, marketing, talent acquisition, and accelerated fundraising
- Media training and exposure
- Membership in the healthtech public-private partners network
- Funding opportunities for innovation acceleration in public health
- Full-year access to a state-of-art co-working space
- Lifetime access to the hub’s alumni network and open-source resources
How to apply
For further information about the application process, click here. The deadline for submission into the HealthTech Hub Africa program is Monday, December 11, 2023.
Got an interesting scoop or news tip? Shoot an email with the subject “story worth telling” to [email protected]