Application for WIA 54 project 2020 is now open to African women entrepreneurs
WIA (Women In Africa) is looking to select 54 African women entrepreneurs for its 2020 project which entails a trip to Morrocco, executive training and other perks.
Initiated by the WIA Philanthropy Foundation, WIA 54 project 2020 is on a mission to attract promising female entrepreneurs in Africa, who have a strong potential to shape the future of the continent.
On a yearly basis, the foundation selects 54 women entrepreneurs– one each for the 54 countries in Africa for a shot at its challenge.
Selected applicants will have the chance to join its network of International Women In Africa Entrepreneurs’ Club. WIA 54 project 2020 will be undergone in the home country; Marrakesh, Morocco.
Selection Criteria for WIA 54 project 2020
The initiative is open to all African countries and will pay special attention to most companies with high-growth potential or initiatives with already proven traction :
- Innovative product, service or technology and/or a strong human impact
- Created or managed by an African woman citizen
- With the first traction on the market (turnover, number of users, raised funds…)
- Proven business model, scalability
- Large growth potential (in own country, Africa and globally)
- Ambitious team with deep execution skills
- Invitation to the International Annual Summit WIA in Marrakesh (June 25/26 2020): reimbursement of travel, accommodation.
- Unique visibility: Unique visibility from 500 delegates, including investors, top executives and media from all over the world
- High-level Networking: Business meetings organized during the WIA Club Annual Meeting in Marrakech
- Bootcamp: Access to two days training Bootcamp prior to the summit.
- Annual membership to the WIA Club offered, first international women entrepreneurs club on the continent:
- visibility on Women in Africa print and web supports including website, WIA Mag, social media.
- Special access to the WIA Link digital platform in order to exchange with each other and with an international top executive, and MOOC training access: how to pitch, speak, access business opportunities, etc.
- Regional and Local meetings of entrepreneurs all year long with the WIA Hubs
- Mentoring: Mentoring for 1 year from large companies (depending on the fundings and sponsors)
- Scholarships: Scholarships offered available on one of our partner’s 48 campuses or via e-learning, provided that you pass the admission exams
- February 9, 2020 -Application portal closes
- June 25-26, 2020 -Program duration
How to apply
If you check all criteria boxes, begin your application online before the WIA 54 project 2020 closes on Sunday, February 9, 2020.
Got a story worth telling? Shoot us an email with SUBJECT — “Story Worth Telling” — to [email protected].